Nutella Brownies

First, I must wish my sweet Aiden a Happy Birthday! Second, I must say Thank You Abigail Johnson Dodge! Third, Nutella Brownies...need I say more?! 


Birthdays...fun-filled days, details completely at the discretion of the person of honor. So if their cake choice is to have a giant rice krispie treat covered in buttercream (future post in the making), so be it. Today, however, this worked to my advantage. Wanting a second option to offer the grandparents at the birthday celebration, I had the perfect excuse to give Abigail's recipe a try (aside from the fact that I'm the author of a baking blog in the midst of a wicked Nutella craving).

Yum, yum, yum!

The following recipe from Abigail Johnson Dodge, author of Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients, is as simple as it is delicious. 


Nutella Brownies
1/2 cup Nutella
1 large egg
5 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup hazelnuts (chopped)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup mini muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk Nutella and egg until smooth. Add flour and whisk until blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins (approx. 3/4 full) and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Bake 11-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs.

That's it! Really! See for yourself...

NUTELLA

EGGS

FLOUR

HAZELNUTS

HEAVEN!

Recipe as shown makes 12 mini muffin size brownies...I doubled it! And though this recipe needs no modification, here's some food for thought...

-skip the hazelnuts and sprinkle with a bit of confectioners sugar
-pipe a smidge of Nutella into the center of each for an added burst of flavor
-garnish with a dollop of cinnamon spiced whipped topping

Now go, get baking...you know you want to!


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. That is such a simple and fun recipe! I've got to give these a try as soon as I remember to buy more Nutella! (writing self a note...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts