Freakin' Fabulous Cream Puffs - Rated G


Homemade cream puffs.  Why G Rated?  General Audience - Suitable for all ages? They're kid friendly!  You see, these are filled with vanilla instant pudding, the only way my kids will eat them.
  
The cream puff - so versatile, so simple!


This recipe comes from Clinton Kelly.  Yes, Clinton Kelly, TLC star/author of Freakin' Fabulous.

So much fun!  A must read!

If there's anyone that can make me freakin' fabulous, it's Clinton Kelly!
  
Oh Clinton, do you believe that I actually used to hold my wine glass by the bowl? And making my bed was low on the list.  But don't you worry!  Thanks to you, I've changed my ways.

Do you sense it?  Can you tell?  I'm smitten!!
  
Ok...sorry...where was I?  Aah yes, the cream puff recipe.


Cream Puffs
1 cup water
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs

In a medium saucepan, boil water and butter.  Bring to a simmer, stir in flour 1/4 cup at a time.  The mixture will become a big ball/blob.  Let blob cool to room temperature.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Transfer blob to large mixing bowl.  Mix on low, adding one egg at a time.  Fully incorporate each before adding the next.  Beat until smooth and velvety.

Lightly coat cookie sheet with nonstick spray.  Drop batter in 12 spoonfuls onto cookie sheet for approx. 35 mins or until medium golden brown and dry on the outside.  Let cool.  Fill and dust with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

Stay tuned for Freakin' Fabulous Cream Puffs: The Sequel - Not Yet Rated.





Comments

  1. The 1 cup rule...should be easy to remember. Fabulous creme puffs. Oh, and the filling? What did you fill it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I filled these with instant vanilla pudding for the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very impressive! my mom makes cream puffs and I think I would like them a whole lot more with vanilla pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Clinton Kelly! I'm going to have to get that book! And the cream puffs look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts